Element 47 is a growing marketing and web development agency based in the Nashville area, looking for a self-motivated project manager. This is a new role in our organization, requiring a significant shift in internal processes and workflows. The person filling this position will play a major role in shaping those processes to improve project efficiency and communication.
Our work is fast-paced and consists of a mix of project-based and retainer-based work. This position will be involved in managing both of those pieces. You will need to communicate effectively with clients while also acting as traffic control of all the moving pieces and shifting priorities for our internal team.
We want Element 47 to be a great place to work! Happy employees make life better for everyone involved—colleagues, clients, and of course, themselves. Here are a few reasons why we think you’d like it here:
- We value life outside of the office. We rarely work more than 40 hours a week. We have fun while we do great work.
- You can wear a t-shirt to work. “Dress for your day,” as we say. If you’re working from home, you don’t have to wear pants, but we ask that you not stand up on Zoom calls.
- You’re good at what you do. And you want to get better. Every day we get to try new things and learn new things.
- We’re good at what we do. Check out our website to see for yourself (element47.co). Each of us is working to master our craft. We want to be great and that means we have to learn something new every day.
- Control traffic and set priorities for all projects (typically 20-30 projects in process at a given time)
- Own the project management system (setting tasks, deadlines, and workflow for each project)
- Bring ideas to improve efficiency in projects, processes, and workflow
- Lead client communication as needed, including monthly status updates
- Schedule and attend initial meetings with new clients
- Organize all client/project assets
- Manage project scope and client expectations
- Lead weekly team meetings regarding project status/priorities
- Identify roles needed to complete each project
We’re very protective of our culture. We hire highly motivated, positive, easy-going people with excellent communication skills who can execute multiple projects simultaneously.
Our work requires collaboration—both as a team and with our clients. Sometimes we need to have tough—but respectful—conversations. Curiosity and good questions are appreciated and rewarded.
Those are boxes that everyone on our team checks. Here are the additional skills needed for this role:
- Highly organized and detail oriented. This job is probably not for you if:
- Your bookshelf isn’t alphabetized, color-coded, sorted by literary genre, or Dewey-decimal’d
- Your socks are all jumbled together in one big pile
- Things fall out of your freezer and/or closet when you open the door
- You’re not sure when you last balanced your budget
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously with competing time restraints
- 2+ years of project management experience (extra brownie points if it was in an agency setting)
- Experience using a project management system (Monday, Wryke, Trello, Asana, Basecamp, etc.)
- Experience with WordPress sites is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Office 365 or other cloud-based file sharing systems
- Bachelor degree or higher (preferred)
- PMP certification is a plus
- Flexible work schedule (including hybrid of remote and in-office work)
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Simple IRA: Eligible for Simple IRA after six months of continuous employment and after the next onboarding window date (January 1 and July 1 of each year). Element 47 will match your contributions dollar-for-dollar up to 3% of your current salary.
- Profit sharing: Each employee receives an equal share of 5% of profits from the previous month, paid in the subsequent month.
About Element 47
Element 47 helps our clients create great brands, build stellar websites, and develop impactful marketing and advertising campaigns. We don’t specialize in just one industry, we specialize in branding, marketing, and advertising. It works in many industries.
Our clients like us a lot. We like them too…and we’re proud to be a mission-critical part of their business.
How to Apply
Each time we hire, we wait until we find THE right person. Someone who has the right temperament to work in our well-defined culture that is based on accountability at every level. We—and our clients—wouldn’t have it any other way.
So spend some time on our website, learn how we think and what we do. Get to know us if you want us to get to know you.
Click below to take the first step in the application process. Want to get our attention? Make it painfully apparent that you’re the right person and that you want to work here, not just somewhere.