Element 47 is a growing marketing and web development agency based in the Nashville area, looking for a new WordPress Developer. We are considering both local and remote candidates.
Our work is fast-paced and consists of a mix of project-based and retainer-based work. This position will be involved in both of those pieces, creating and executing marketing strategies in collaboration with our internal team and clients.
We want Element 47 to be a great place to work! Happy employees make life better for everyone involved—colleagues, clients, and of course, themselves. Here are a few reasons why we think you’d like it here:
- We value life outside of the office. We rarely work more than 40 hours a week. We have fun while we do great work.
- You can wear a t-shirt to work. “Dress for your day,” as we say. If you’re working from home, you don’t have to wear pants, but we ask that you not stand up on Zoom calls.
- You’re good at what you do. And you want to get better. Every day we get to try new things and learn new things.
- We’re good at what we do. Check out our website to see for yourself (element47.co). Each of us is working to master our craft. We want to be great and that means we have to learn something new every day.
Help our development team build and maintain WordPress websites
- Use Adobe XD / Figma designs to build custom WordPress websites, without using drag-and-drop tools like Elementor or Divi.
- Make client-requested content updates
- Manage support tickets
- Work with PHP, CSS/SCSS, and a little JS
- Understand web concepts like SSL and DNS records
- Use development techniques, tools, and services like:
- Advanced Custom Fields
- Gravity Forms
- WP Engine with Local
- SCSS with Gulp
- Custom Post Types
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (preferred)
- 4 weeks of vacation per year (this includes the week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day – with the expectation that we must attend to any urgent matters that might require our attention!)
- Holidays off: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day
- 3 sick days per year
- Profit sharing. Each employee receives an equal share of 5% of profits from the previous month, paid in the subsequent month
- Simple IRA: Eligible for Simple IRA after six months of continuous employment and after the next onboarding window date (January 1 and July 1 of each year). Element 47 will match your contributions dollar-for-dollar up to 3% of your current salary.
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance. Element 47 pays the first $250 of your monthly premium.
How to Apply
Each time we hire, we wait until we find THE right person. Someone who has the right temperament to work in our well-defined culture that is based on accountability at every level. We—and our clients—wouldn’t have it any other way.
So spend some time on our website, learn how we think and what we do. Get to know us if you want us to get to know you.
The first step in the application process: Send us your resume and cover letter, and we’ll follow up with a Culture Index link to better understand how you’re wired. Want to get our attention? Make it painfully apparent that you’re the right person and that you want to work here, not just somewhere.
Qualified candidates will be given a small test project as part of the application process so we can see your WordPress skills in action.