Element 47 is a growing marketing and web development agency based in the Nashville area, looking for a creative website and digital designer.
Our work is fast-paced and consists of a mix of project-based and retainer-based work. This position will be involved in both of those pieces, designing strategically-informed websites and other marketing materials in collaboration with our internal team and clients.
We want Element 47 to be a great place to work! Happy employees make life better for everyone involved—colleagues, clients, and of course, themselves. Here are a few reasons why we think you’d like it here:
- We value life outside of the office. We rarely work more than 40 hours a week. We have fun while we do great work.
- You can wear a t-shirt to work. “Dress for your day,” as we say. If you’re working from home, you don’t have to wear pants, but we ask that you not stand up on Zoom calls.
- You’re good at what you do. And you want to get better. Every day we get to try new things and learn new things.
- We’re good at what we do. Check out our website to see for yourself. Each of us is working to master our craft. We want to be great and that means we have to learn something new every day.
- Design visually compelling websites, digital ads, email templates, social media graphics, and other assets that match client brand guidelines and aid in reaching their business goals
- Work with clients to clarify and expand the visual identity of their brand
- Bring ideas to each project to raise the quality of our visual deliverables
- Participate in strategic discovery sessions and other client meetings/communications as needed
- Collaborate with internal team to create design assets efficiently and effectively
Skills & Qualifications
We’re very protective of our culture. We hire highly motivated, positive, easy-going people with excellent communication skills who can execute multiple projects simultaneously.
Our work requires collaboration—both as a team and with our clients. Sometimes we need to have tough—but respectful—conversations. Curiosity and good questions are appreciated and rewarded.
Those are boxes that everyone on our team checks. Here are the additional qualifications needed for this role:
- Strong design portfolio, with emphasis on web design
- Comfort with a wide range of design styles
- Effective communication of design reasoning (why did you do it that way?) to team and clients
- Working as part of a marketing agency team
- Any experience with WordPress or web development (HTML5, CSS3, PHP, Adobe apps, etc.) is a major plus
Skills & Brain Wiring:
- You think creatively (do you have good ideas?)
- You listen well, process quickly, and ask good questions
- You can manage multiple complex projects simultaneously with competing time restraints
- You welcome feedback and critique from internal team and clients
- You understand how design can connect to client business goals
- You have a strong attention to detail
Bachelor’s degree or higher (preferred)
- Flexible work schedule (including hybrid of remote and in-office work)
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick time
- Health insurance
- Simple IRA: Eligible for Simple IRA after six months of continuous employment and after the next onboarding window date (January 1 and July 1 of each year). Element 47 will match contributions up to 3% of your salary.
- Profit sharing: Each employee receives an equal share of 5% of profits from the previous month, paid in the subsequent month.
- Holiday break: We close down from Christmas to New Year’s to celebrate a year of good work.
How to Apply
Each time we hire, we wait until we find THE right person. Someone who has the right temperament to work in our well-defined culture that is based on accountability at every level. We—and our clients—wouldn’t have it any other way.
So spend some time on our website, learn how we think and what we do. Get to know us if you want us to get to know you.
Click below to take the first step in the application process. Want to get our attention? Make it painfully apparent that you’re the right person and that you want to work here, not just somewhere.